Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Guidelines, protocols, fears... the mental side of things...

So now that Loki and I have spent some good quality time together, I think we can more rationally establish guidelines and protocols. Who knew so much went into a strong D/s relationship? I certainly have a much better understanding of their importance now, for both the Dom and the sub. Maybe it's naive to believe so (and I suspect highly controversial), but it seems like there is endless opportunity to customize the relationship. What (I think) I really like is the ability to clearly define expectations ahead of time and openly discuss wants/needs/likes/dislikes/fears. Outlining what type of repercussions/rewards might ensue leads to security it seems.

I hope to have time over the next several days to seriously consider how I want to structure this relationship. I imagine it might be blasphemous to say so in the opinion of many in the community, but I plan on working closely with Loki on this. I know he wants to please me as his Master, but I feel (and I think he expects) that I will not only provide him some structure and order to his life, but security as well. It is more than about sex and discipline in my opinion - although they provide a great deal of options and a lot of enjoyment. The trick, and what I am attempting to wrap my mind around, is how to incorporate seemingly diametrically opposed concepts of pain/discipline and pleasure/reward when they're all jumbled up together. Working on it...... I'll keep you all posted of how it goes.

Fears - well of course I have them. I don't feel it's appropriate to discuss them all here, thought, in front of Loki. Hope to find some like-minded D types to share my concerns with.